Sunday, July 2, 2017

Words With Friends vent...

I recently ended a several month long hiatus from playing Words With Friends.  It wasn't so much because I wanted to stop playing.  I like the game.  I just don't have that many friends who play it.

I think I got a random opponent about a week ago and that alerted other friends to my availability to play.  One friend took the bait.  It's my friend Kay, and when it comes to Words With Friends, she is a monster!  I just lost a game to her by just a few points.  I usually lose by a much larger margin.  She has an incredible vocabulary.

Anyway, Kay's current profile picture is of two kids (hers perhaps?) who are shooting the bird at the camera.  So when I lose to Kay, I get confronted with a picture of two little kids flipping me off.  Ordinarily, I would think this was very funny... and honestly, it IS funny, even though I don't like losing...  but there's something vaguely unsportsmanlike about being flipped off by two little kids after you've lost an intense round of Words With Friends.

I'm kidding.  Sort of.

I like to play with Kay, though, because she teaches me tricks that make me a better player against everybody else.  I may never be as good at Words With Friends as Kay is, but being flipped off with kids sort of throws salt in the wound.  Oh well.  I guess it's time I upped my game.

I have spent today sitting on my ass.  I tried to take a nap earlier, but failed.  I'm still coughing and I have a painful chapped nose.  I'm not quite so tired, though.  Maybe tomorrow, I'll be better.  Just in time for Monday.  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.