Sunday, May 14, 2017

80s era Mormon films...

Somehow, I landed on this today...


This was made in the 80s...

Filmstrips were kind of a thing when I was a kid.  I would have thought by 1988, they would have gone out of style.  But apparently, the Mormons were still making filmstrips in '88...  This one is about a nasty bitch who spreads malicious rumors about her rival in a school election.  Edited to add, I see that someone has corrected the uploader and said these were actually produced in 1983-84.  That makes sense.

I remember watching filmstrips when I was a kid, but I have a hard time watching this now.  It seems so cheesy.  The plot line for this appears to be straight out of The Brady Bunch, too.  Crappy acting abounds.

It's Mother's Day.  I suppose I could come up with something to write about my mom.  Right now, I'm not inspired and I'm distracted by Mormon filmstrips.  We didn't do this stuff in the church I was raised in.  



Here's a film from 1980.  I think the kids must be adopted.  They are far too pale to be their parents' kids.  

In the above film, a little girl willingly donates blood for her older, injured brother, even though she thinks she will die doing it.  I love how the nurse doesn't wear gloves as she handles the girl's blood.  I am probably about the same age the girl is.  


Here's one from 1986...  This one is about how sinful California is.



And one about a girl who ends up paralyzed after an accident.  The guy doing the sign language is very distracting.

I guess these films and filmstrips were shown during Seminary... which means kids had to get up way early in the morning to watch this crap.  Seems like torture.  I'd rather be sleeping.

I don't know what we're going to do today.  For the past two years, we've gone out on Mother's Day and encountered big crowds.  But the sun is shining and yesterday was kind of a bust that led us to McDonald's.  So maybe we should make an effort.  And maybe I'll call my mom and be inspired to write something more substantial.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.