Friday, December 5, 2014

Pastor thinks "homos" should be executed in order to "cure" AIDS...

I'm still feeling pretty icky this morning.  My throat hurts and I'm moving at about half my usual speed.  Today's blog post will probably not be particularly well articulated because I feel shredded.

But I wanted to write a bit about "Pastor" Steven Anderson, who is a Baptist preacher in Tempe, Arizona at Faithful Word Baptist Church.  Seems to me I have seen this guy before...  He is very outspoken about his hatred of homosexuality.  In fact, he has said that the Bible tells us how we can "cure" acquired immune deficiency syndrome, aka AIDS.


In this clip, the pastor says we can have an AIDS free world by Christmas if we just execute all the "homos".  

He says gay people are "gross" and they are all pedophiles.  He obviously has no idea of what pedophilia is about.


Being loving to gay people is "not working", according to this creep.  No "homos" allowed in his church, but hateful assholes are welcomed with open arms.  

This same guy has a pretty misogynistic view of women, too...


"Biblically [my wife] has an obligation toward me."  Basically, his wife is on Earth to serve her husband and their 8 kids.  On the other hand, I like that he tells his "flock" that it's not his wife's job to shepherd the ladies in the church...

It's been my experience that a lot of the people who are vehemently anti-gay are so because they themselves have homosexual leanings and are overcorrecting themselves.  Now, I don't know if this "pastor" is actually gay, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was.  What a shame it is that he has eight kids and a platform from which he can spew his vile, hateful messages to the masses.


Looks like the good pastor got the shit beaten out of him by the border patrol... Ordinarily, this would outrage me.  

Maybe they wouldn't have beaten him up if he hadn't been trying to preach to them...


Sheesh...


Double sheesh...

I suppose he's within his rights to be an asshole.  If he keeps this up, I suspect he's going to end up with more than eleven stitches and a beaten face.  

2 comments:

  1. I know it has been a week. I do hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am feeling about 90% better. Just getting rid of the residual crud.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.