Wednesday, December 10, 2014

On a Desperate Housewives kick...

Back in 2008, when Bill and I lived in Germany the first time, I started watching Desperate Housewives on Apple TV.  It had been on TV for about three years at that point, but I never got into it until I lived in a country where I didn't speak the language and was in dire need of entertainment.  I quickly got hooked on the show and watched it until it was cancelled in 2012.

Now that I'm back in Germany and don't even have German cable TV at my disposal, I've started watching it again.  I had forgotten how entertaining it is.  It was very well written and I love Marcia Cross.  Loved her on the original Melrose Place and Everwood, too.

Sometimes I feel a little like a desperate housewife myself... a housewife in desperate need of a social life.  I need to go out and meet some people.  I need to drive my car and go shopping.  I could do that anytime I wanted, but I can't bring myself to get in the car and go.  The only reason I'd have to go anywhere is just to get out of the house... which I could certainly do if I wanted to.  Maybe if I didn't have my dogs around.  I hate leaving them at home, yet I also hate taking them places because they aren't perfect little German trained angels.

Ah well... I suppose eventually I'll have to get up and get out into the world.  The weather lately has been kind of depressing.  It's been cloudy, sleety, and snowy, and cold to boot.  Who wants to go out in that mess?

Bill should be back on Friday.  I look forward to seeing him.  I hate it when he goes TDY.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have something more exciting to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.