Friday, April 18, 2014

Seattle...

Seattle by Public Image Ltd.

This song was introduced to me by my ex best friend, who was very much into "progressive" music.  I think it's a pretty cool song, so I'm glad she exposed me to it, even though I don't consider her a friend anymore.  Now that I've had the chance to think about it, I think I'd be pretty happy to move to Seattle, if that's what's in store for us.  I'm trying not to get too excited, though.  The whole thing could easily fall apart.  Though if it doesn't, that'll be very cool.  I like Seattle and I like the idea of moving to a totally different region.  This would be the first time since I was a baby that I didn't either live abroad or in a southern state.

While I don't relish the idea of driving for days to get there, I am a little excited about driving through states I've never seen before.  It would take about six days to get to Seattle from San Antonio and we'd be doing it with dogs.  I worry a bit about money, but if Bill gets this job, he'll get a sign on bonus.  That should help…

My mouth is still painful from those damn ulcers.  I think they were brought on by stress.

I read a friend from Facebook's manuscript.  I haven't seen this woman since high school, but she clued in that I have some editing skills.  As a favor to her, I read a book she published and gave her my thoughts.  She made it sound like the book wasn't good-- it's a how to book on making better tips in the restaurant business.  I thought it was a decent book, but it needs editing and expanding.  I was happy to help her out and I hope what I said made sense.

Bill is having his physical today and should be home early this afternoon.  In the meantime, I'm sure something will piss me off enough that I'll come back and write some more.    

My mom sent me a photo that was taken of the family at Thanksgiving.  My family is very attractive.  It's too bad we weren't there, but I'm glad we were in Texas to celebrate with Bill's mom, who has no one else besides her sister in Houston.  It was good to spend the holidays with her, especially since next year we could be out west.

It's funny…  I think we kind of dreamt one day we'd live in the Pacific Northwest, but never really thought it would happen.  Now it looks like we could actually move out there and it seems surreal.  I commented to Bill that he seems to be getting "do-overs" of the better places he lived in with his ex.  He lived in Germany with ex and with me.  He lived in Yakima, Washington with ex and may get to live in Seattle with me.  I draw the line at a do-over in Arkansas, though...


4 comments:

  1. It would be a great place to live as long as you don't mind rain, I would think. I've been there twice and thought it was a neat place. I liked the Portland suburbs even better, though Portland has gotten so bad that even the suburbs are now a little questionable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind rain. I think I'd prefer it to 110 degree heat we get in Texas. I am a little concerned that Bill will work his ass off… but I think if they offer him a job, it'll be a great thing. We'll do it and make some money, then try to go to a place that really suits us.

      It's just so weird that less than a year ago, we were in North Carolina, planning our move to Texas. We were sure we'd settle here. Maybe not…

      But I don't want to get ahead of myself, either. We could still be here next year, too.

      Delete
  2. I'm originally from Oregon and I loved living there. Texas has its good points as well, but if you do end up in the PacNW, I think you'll enjoy it if for no other reason than the scenery. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the scenery in the Pacific Northwest. I think that's something I miss in San Antonio. Parts of this area are pretty, like out in the Hill Country or around the Gray Forest area. Where we live, though, it's not very inspiring. Texas is more affordable than Washington is and I have enjoyed our year here, despite some of my bitching. Moving is a pain in the ass, but we'd probably be moving anyway.

      I just can't believe that less than a year ago, we lived in North Carolina...

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.