Monday, April 28, 2014

Just to prove how mature I am...

I actually went looking for a comment I left for a visitor to this blog last year.  The woman whose comment prompted obscenities from me had been harassing me on my Jessica McCord post and was actually the reason I closed comments on that particular blog posting.  I just got tired of arguing with her.  She kept telling me that she was an "academic" and that I shouldn't be arguing with her because, armed with her statistics and alleged degrees, obviously she knew better about my situation than I do…

Anyway, when she came back to my blog and left me a shaming comment on a post I wrote about a dream my husband had, I fired back with profanity.  I wrote that it was obvious she didn't read my blog in its entirety and was basing her comments about me and my husband on that Jessica McCord post.  She hadn't read the rest of the blog, didn't know our story, and therefore didn't know what she was writing about.

Perhaps it may not seem like it, but I don't actually enjoy cursing at people who comment on my blogs. It usually takes a few stabs before I will respond with profanity, though an egregiously rude comment may cause me to swear sooner than that.  I actually enjoy swearing, but I try to be respectful to people unless they invite me not to be by attacking my or my husband's character.  Then I don't mind dropping a few choice words.

At the time of this incident, I was kind of upset about it.  Now I'm amused.  It can be very liberating to swear at people who ask for it.  And then, I typed the words "fuck you" in a search engine and came upon this hilarious Web site.  Now, just so you know, this is not a site that is safe for work or for your kids to see…  but if you enjoy profanity and are curious about how to curse in different languages, you may find it interesting reading.

In other news, Bill just told me that his recent interview was unsuccessful, though the team didn't completely shitcan his resume.  It will be redistributed in the Seattle area, perhaps for a position in a different department.  We'll see.  I had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as it seemed.  It's nice that they let him know, though.  I think he made a good impression.

We'll keep looking.

  




2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hate it when people try to degree-drop to try to appeal to authority; a good sign that they haven't got a good argument that can stand on its own. :oP

    That sure is quite a find with the cussing in different languages site, tho. :oD Thanks for sharing, Knotty! (And hope Bill lands a good new gig soon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Smorg. The recruiter actually encouraged Bill to stay in touch because there's a good chance they will find something for him, just not the job that he interviewed for.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.