Saturday, October 12, 2013

Especially for my big breasted friends...

I just posted a couple of reviews on Epinions.com today and decided to look at a few of my old efforts. One review I wrote last winter was on a product I think could be very helpful for large breasted women.  If you don't have big boobs, feel free to skip this post.  It is bound to be TMI for those who don't understand.

I'm going to be brutally frank.  I'm sporting a set of Ds.  I'm also fat.  Add in the fact that I'm 41 years old and gravity has kicked in.  That can lead to embarrassing problems.  Bacteria, yeast, and fungi like dark, warm, moist places in which to grow.  A couple of years ago, I started having issues with yeast infections under my boobs.  

This is not an issue limited to fatties, by the way.  Anyone who has big boobs can have this problem.  Suffice to say, it can be embarrassing and uncomfortable.  You end up with a red, inflamed, irritated area that has a tendency to smell musty.  It's hard to get the area to dry out completely, so totally getting rid of the yeast infection can be difficult unless you are very vigilant about staying dry.

I tried, with little success, a number of products in my efforts to combat this situation.  I was finally successful when I purchased a product called Lotrimin Antifungal Powder.  It was the second or third product I'd tried and I didn't have especially high hopes for it.  But, lo and behold, it has done the trick.  This product is actually marketed for athlete's foot, but it works really well under the big boobs too.  I started using it last winter and it quickly made a huge difference.  My skin completely cleared up and as long as I use a little after showers or when I get sweaty, I don't have a problem with those rashes anymore.

I have also banned any bras that are not made of a breathable material.  I am partial to Bali's Double Support wire free bras.  They are cotton knit, which makes them very comfortable and they b-r-e-a-t-h-e.  Some endowed women prefer bras with wires.  I don't like them because I find them uncomfortable.  The point is, you should probably avoid nylon or any other manmade fabric that doesn't allow air to circulate down there.  

Since I started using Lotrimin Antifungal Powder, my boobs are nice and happy again... and as perky as they can possibly be, under the circumstances.  There are probably similar products out there.  I like this powder because it doesn't stink and works fast.  If you know of what I write and are desperately looking for a solution, you might give it a try.  Of course, you should also consider going to see your doctor to see if it's not something else causing your rash.  In my case, though, the powder worked like magic!  


#1750 Lotrimin Antifungal Powder really helps me deal with my sweaty boobs!

 Jan 5, 2013 (Updated Jan 5, 2013)
Review by   
Rated a Very Helpful Review

    Pros:Really works.  Doesn't smell bad.  Comfortable to apply and wear.


    Cons:None.

    The Bottom Line:For sweaty feet, sweaty balls, or sweaty boobs... this product really works!

    I know that some people revere large breasted women, but speaking as someone who has big boobs, I can say with authority that they're not always what they're cracked up to be.  When you have D sized breasts, you run the risk of developing fungal infections, which cause itching, burning, scaling, and musty odor.  The folds of the skin under the breasts are dark and moist, which is the perfect place for fungus and bacteria to thrive.  If you aren't careful, you can end up with a nasty infection in short order!

    I had been searching for a good powder to help combat this problem for awhile and had some success with Zeabsorb powder.  However, while Zeabsorb was basically effective, I wasn't wild about the way it smelled, kind of like burnt rubber.  I was about to run out of Zeabsorb and the hot weather will be hitting before we know it.  So I went looking for another solution and ended up purchasing a three pack of Lotrimin AF from Amazon.com.

    I decided to try this product based on its glowing reviews on Amazon.  Though it's advertised as a cure for athlete's foot and jock itch, this product's active ingredient is miconazole nitrate.  It's antifungal, which means it's great for when you develop fungal infections in inopportune places.

    Product claims

    Lotrimin AF absorbs moisture and relieves itching, burning, cracking, and scaling.  It cures most athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm.  This product is not effective on the scalp or nails.

    Directions

    Wash affected area and dry thoroughly.  Sprinkle a thin layer over affected area twice daily.  For athlete's foot, pay special attention to spaces between the toes.  Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes and change shoes and socks at least once daily.

    Warnings

    For external use only.  Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation occurs or it there is no improvement within four weeks (for athlete's foot and ringworm) or two weeks (for jock itch).  Do not use on children under two years of age unless directed by a doctor.  If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center.

    My experience

    Granted, we are in the midst of winter, so the weather hasn't been too hot or humid.  Nevertheless, the skin under my boobs still gets irritated if I'm not careful.  I started using Lotrimin about a week ago, immediately noticing that I liked the scent better than I do Zeabsorb's.  It has a very light, slightly mentholated scent that I barely notice.  The powder itself is light, white, smooth and easy to apply.  It's soothing as it absorbs into my skin.

    The best part of my experience is the end result.  The skin under my breasts is almost completely back to normal.  I have not been having nearly as much irritation or inflammation as I had been having and I've noticed that the skin is not so hot or moist.  The redness and musty odor is also mostly gone.  I will keep using this product on a regular basis as I also work on losing some weight.

    I also notice that unlike Zeabsorb, this powder is made of corn starch rather than talc.  It also contains benzethonium chloride, kaolin, sodium bicarbonate, starch/acrylates/acrylamide copolymer, and zinc oxide.

    Overall

    I like this product and will keep using it.  I'd love it if I could get rid of this problem once and for all; but as long as I have to deal with sweaty boobs, I'll use Lotrimin AF.

    For more information: www.lotrimin.com

    4 comments:

    1. I'm not likely to have issues associated with large boobs in the near future, but one never knows for certain what the future holds.

      My mom always gets her bras at a Bali factory outlet. At this point I could wear a cut-off tank top and be adequately supported. Sad but true:(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Jealous. Big boobs are not all they are cracked up to be.

        Delete
    2. I'd settle for a happy medium, but even that may not be in the cards for me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I enjoyed being a 34B to 36C... that was from the time I was about 15 until I was about 18 or 19. I shudder to think what would happen to my boobs if I had a kid. Bill loves them, of course, ;-)

        I decided to write this post because after looking around the Internet, I realized that I was not alone in suffering from musty boobs. That's not a problem anymore, thank God.

        Delete

    Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.