Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bill has an obsession with bento boxes and other nifty lunch pails...

It's so funny being married to an Army guy who loves bento boxes.  Bill is always looking for another Japanese lunch box.  He likes cool little boxes for his lunches, no matter who makes them.  Better yet, he carefully makes his lunches every evening and arranges them artfully, like so...


Bill's lunch today...

I gave a bunch of Facebook friends a charge when I wrote about how much Bill likes little lunch boxes, especially if they're from Japan.  I imagine it raises some eyebrows when he comes to work with these little boxes.  


This one is from India...


The three boxes he uses most.  He seems partial to the clear plastic one, marketed by Martha Stewart...


I think this was one of the first ones he ever bought...


This one never gets used much anymore.  The little containers are good for storing leftovers, though...

When Bill was in Iraq, he had a narcissistic ass for a boss who told him he had a "nasty artistic streak" he needs to quash.  Frankly, I like that Bill enjoys food that is beautifully presented.  It means he won't mind taking me out to dinner to nice places.  If he didn't care about presentation so much, I might be dining at Golden Corral.

My cracked molar is annoying.  It doesn't really hurt a lot.  It's just stings a little... it reminds me of a flesh wound.  It's just enough to be noticeable and irritating but not enough to send me running to the dentist.  And I really don't want to go to the dentist because I went twice last week.

Last night, Zane woke us up because his guts were rumbling.  Bill took him out, but all he wanted to do was eat grass.  I took him out and he finally pooped, which seemed to do the trick.  Now, if I could just get over all this dental drama.  


4 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy. I'veonly been to the dentist for preventive car and such, but I still think I'd rather go to the doctor , whic I don't often do since the doctor usually comes to me, but sometimes I have to go and I hate it. I think I would prefer a visit to the dentist over a gynecological appointment, but that's about it. I'd rather have an endoscopy with adequate drugs (mild sedation, light use of IV painkillers) than have my teeth cleaned (not a colonoscopy, though). I HATE having dental xrays done. If a dental problem doesn't hurt me and isn't visible to the naked eye, it must not be very serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind cleanings and I really haven't had that much dental drama until very recently. I think this move to Texas has wreaked havoc on my teeth. I don't mind the dentist that much, but getting crowns is not fun at all. I'd still rather do that than have a pelvic exam, though.

      Delete
  2. I find Lt. Col.'s affinity for the little containers rather endearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... and so do a lot of my friends. It's one of his many adorable quirks. My husband is a cutie pie.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.