Thursday, September 26, 2013

The aftermath of dental work...

I slept in this morning and didn't get up until about 8:00 am.  That's unusual for me.  My jaw is a little sore.  I think it's from the shots I got yesterday when I had my tooth worked on.  I really hope it goes away soon.  I don't think I can deal with more dental dramas.

The dentist looked at my other tooth on the other side of my mouth.  Sure enough, it too is cracked.  I have to have it crowned at some point after I get the permanent crown next month.  This is a real pain in the ass, not to mention expensive.

I drank a lot of wine last night in an attempt to deaden the discomfort.  Wine is an unusually effective anesthetic when I have dental pain.  Fortunately, I've never had really horrible dental pain because I always go in and get things fixed before it really starts hurting.  I'm not really hurting today... just sore and achy.

I'm going to go in to the dentist office today and have them look at my temporary because I notice it doesn't cover the whole tooth.  The inside of the temporary rubs against my tongue.  I mentioned to the business manager at the dentist office that the lady who made the temp seemed to be in a hurry.

Anyway, while I was enjoying the wine, I ran across a funny film I used to see on HBO Short Takes all the time back in the early 80s...



S.S. Wilson, the guy who made this film as a project at the University of Southern California in the mid 1970s went on to be a big time horror movie and science fiction screenwriter.  He is best known for Tremors.  I know this film gave many kids nightmares back in the day.

I'm going to write another book review today... then I'll probably go back to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.