Sunday, September 1, 2013

MIL and banana pudding...

I invited my mother-in-law over again with another request for banana pudding.  She decided to show Bill how to make it for me.  I posted these photos on Facebook and my old riding coach noticed we were enjoying some wine while we prepared our dessert.  Then she asked when we were coming back to Virginia.  It's nice to be missed.


The process begins...


Bill leans the art of layering...


My mother-in-law is a very good teacher.


I don't remember the last time I knowingly ate Cool Whip...

                                      

or instant vanilla pudding...


 Toasted almonds on top...


Voila!

Mother-in-law and Bill bonded over making this dessert.  We had appetizers and dinner and lots of wine followed by tequila shots.  Actually mother-in-law skipped the tequila.  That was probably a good plan.  She spent the night with us and will join us for breakfast.

I told my husband's mom that she's always welcome.  She's good company.  And she said she would never just drop in... but if she did, it wouldn't be a bad thing.  She's a great lady.  And now that my PMS has given way to Aunt Flow, this banana pudding will be even more appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I'm PMSing for like the fourth time. I don't like it much. Mostly I'm just staying away from everyone. I'm hoping it's all over and basicallydone b the time my friend arrives on Thursday when my friend comes to visit. I'm working tomorrow (labs shut down for nothing, inluding Armmageddon), Tuesday, and Wednesday.
    My parents want Pippa to stay home with them becuase they miss her. It's funny that they don't want me to stay home because they miss me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My PMS involves having intense cravings for sweet and salty foods. And grease... The other day, I wanted food from the Cheesecake Factory in the worst way. We ended up going to Five Guys instead.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.