Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ended up watching TBN last night...

It was after we watched Making The Team on CMT.  There was some Christian singer dude on there who looked like he was wearing a pleather jacket.  I was surprised when they said he'd won a Grammy.  I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it until Scott Hamilton, the 1984 men's gold medalist in figure skating at the winter Olympics, came on.

Apparently, Scott Hamilton is now a devoted Christian.  He sure has been through a lot.  He battled cancer and was flat broke after his Olympic victory.  He was skating in the Ice Capades, which fired him because he was male and the new owners wanted more female skaters.  Hamilton then made a funny quip about sex discrimination at work.

I have to admit, his interview was interesting and kind of inspiring... though the host appeared to be bored by it.  Later, there was a guy on there who had been a news anchor in Hampton/Newport News, Virginia and ended up on the streets, living out of his car for awhile.  Now he works for Fox News.  He got and sang a song about helping the homeless.

Around that time, I decided to take a one minute skinny dipping break.  Then Bill was about to pass out, because he usually turns into a pumpkin after about 9:00.  He has a hard time staying awake past that hour because he has trouble sleeping and then works all week.

Anyway, I have to admit, though the host of that show was pretty lame, it was interesting to listen to Scott Hamilton.  He's one Christian I can admire for a lot of reasons.  Too bad the host didn't seem to be that into the interview.


This clip wasn't from TBN, but it is Scott Hamilton talking about his faith.

2 comments:

  1. Do Paul and jan even host anymore, or do they haveso much bad press that it's no longer an asset to have them in front of th camera on a daily basis? Or are they too old? Or too important? What about son Matt, the Cain that proverbially killed Abel (his older brother (a slight twist on the story from Genesis) whose name I don't recall) by having him thrown off the board and out of all operations? Are Matt and his wie Laurie too important, or too busy to host? I hear they've got their hands into just about everything there.

    I really need to do a better job in keeping up with TBN.

    Someone is jerking me around at blogspot in a major way.I canged my password ofr the third time in about three weeks. I can no longerinsert videos, change fonts or the size of fonts, or even utilize spell-check. Last night someone took my post down and put in my drft folder after cutting about hlf of it. Fortuntely, I had some access to what ws missing through stumbleupon. I don't know if it could possibly be a glitch,, or if it's either a rndom hacker or th same jerk who was accusing me of pretending to be someone i'm not. If I were going to use a picture of me an say it was actually me, I'd find someone a little better looking than i am. There may as well be a benefit to pretending to be who yur not. I'm somewhat pretending to be who I'm not anyway,as I us a fake surnameamong other ways of keeping peple who might really know me from reading most of this, although by now, I don't care all that much. Otherwise i would not have posted my real picture that's recent.
    the boogeymen who hurt me in the restroom can't really hurt me anymore, and my enemy relatives already read the blog on occasion. I found it rather non-chivalrous that none of my relatives came to my defense when I was accused of being a poser. they all know the picture is me. come to think of it, they're not bothering m much anymore. maybe they're actually growing up, unlike my tormenter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw neither hide nor hair of Paul or Jan Crouch last night.

      I'm sorry you're dealing with a creep who keeps messing with your blog. I just turned on the puke worthy Relief Society Meeting on BYU TV. Yuck.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.