Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crown me...

I went to the dentist yesterday because one of my molars has been a little sensitive the past few days.  There's no pain, but when I drink ice water and sometimes when I eat something sweet, it feels a little weird.  The dentist probed around in my mouth and said the second to the last molar on the left lower side has a crack in it.  The crack ends at my gum line.  She says eventually it will break off.  So I'm going in next week for a crown preparation.  Hopefully, I won't need a root canal.

She also plans to refill my other baby tooth and fix the chip I've had for over eighteen years.  I am a little nervous about that.

I talked to my mom last night and she said she had an abscess once that was really painful.  The dentist had kept prescribing Tylenol 3 for her, but it wasn't helping.  She finally had to have a drain put in and was told that if she had let it go for much longer, she could have died.

At least I'm not in any pain... and if it turns out I don't have to have a root canal, these two procedures will be less expensive than the last crown I got.  

1 comment:

  1. It all reminds meof the hymn, "Crown Him with Many Crowns." It would be "Crown hER with Many Crowns" in your case. I hope your dental problems are soon history.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.