Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Crown is all done...

I like my new dentist.  She really took her time getting the tooth just right and fixing the temporary crown so it's perfect.  She also fixed my ugly baby tooth with the big chip in it.  Now it doesn't rub anymore.  She even offered to have me go to the local dental lab and choose the color of my new crown.  I told her it was no big deal, since the tooth is far back anyway and I would have been just as happy with a gold crown there.

It was two hours in the dentist's chair and it wasn't a lot of fun... I was nervous when I went in.  But I managed to lie still and now it's over.  I don't really want to drink a lot of wine tonight, but if my gums hurt, I might be persuaded.

Today got off to a crappy start.  The first thing I was confronted with was an erroneous bill for $500 from our property managers, who claim we didn't pay the pet fees for Zane and Arran.  I was pissed that they sent me the email, since I asked them last month to direct all correspondence to Bill.  He handles the bills.  I was also pissed because we did pay the pet fees and have proof.  I sent them a terse email asking them to direct their shit to Bill, who then told them to take it up with the property managers we thought we were signing up with.

Then the cuckoo clock stopped working properly.  It's no big deal, except that we paid $300 for it.  I think it just needs the chain pulled down a bit, but I can't be bothered right now.

I'll have my new crown in October.  With any luck, there won't be any issues until then.




2 comments:

  1. I like Dr. Cosby's take on dentists.

    I had a good dentist in northern California. Finding one here hasn't been easy. My community isn't overrun with dentists, probably because the cost of living is high. Dentists can afford to live here, but not in the style to which many have become accustomed. My best bet, since I only seethe person maybe twice a year, is probably to drive an hour up or down the freeway to find one. I'll probably have more from which to choose.

    It's really liberating to be able to tell my parents, "It's nice that you like this dentist, but I don't, and I'm going elsewhere.

    It's good that you like your new dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't seen "Bill Cosby: Himself", you are missing out. That one is worth owning.

    I used to drive from northern Virginia to the Middle Peninsula to see the dentist who looked after me from the time I was about 16 years old. In retrospect, I would have been better off using a more local dentist. But that's only because that dentist wasn't as good as the one who ultimately ended up repairing my first crown.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.