Saturday, March 3, 2012

More inane comments...

History repeats itself.

Back in October 2010, I wrote a blog post about a comment left for me on a hotel review I wrote for Epinions.  The comment really pissed me off and I ended up writing a long response to it.  Even as I was writing the response, it occurred to me that I was overreacting, especially given that the commenter was a drive-by.  But when you're an overeducated housewife, you have a lot of time on your hands and a lot of words on your head that itch to come out.  And I felt the need to respond... so I did in grand style, both here and on the review in question.  I admit it was overkill.  Maybe I was ragging that day.

Over a year has passed with not a word from the Peanut Gallery. And then today, I was offline because a storm knocked out our Internet.  I get back online to check my blog and find the following comment...

Umm-??
That seems like an AWFUL lot of time and energy to spend on responding to comments by - as you point out- someone you don't even know/who doesn't know you.
Honestly made my head spin:(

You seem like a nice woman. Why waste your words and your time??Who cares what they think?
I'm rem.inded of the saying" When you argue with fools...."(you risk looking like one):S 
Just sayin....   


Irony much?  ;-)

In all seriousness, thanks for the schooling, but it's my time and energy.  I'll spend 'em the way I see fit, m'kay?  Besides, those kinds of long responses don't actually take me that long or use up that much energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.